Effective January 2020
1. Scope and Application
Nabataea.net is a website utilizing the contribution of many different volunteers and contributors.
All of our content is intended for general audiences and are NOT directed to children. We do not knowingly permit children under age 13 (in the United States) or age 16 (in the EEA) to register on our website. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about users under age 13 (in the United States) or age 16 (in the EEA), except as permitted by law.
2. Collection of Information
Information You Provide Directly to Nabataea.net
If you are interested in obtaining membership in this website, you may need to provide us or our service providers with information about yourself. For example:
- If you register to become a member, or order a product, you may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other information.
- If you order a product from us or one of our business partners, you may be asked for your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and your credit card number.
- If you are ordering a product as a gift for another person, you may be asked for that person’s name, postal address and phone number in order to enable us to deliver the gift to the recipient.
Sensitive Information. We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (such information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise.
Information We May Collect Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, Nabataea.net and our service providers also use standard technologies to automatically collect certain additional information. For example:
- IP Address and Other Identifiers. When you access and interact with our website and our service providers we or they may collect information about your visits in order to permit you to connect to and obtain the services offered and to understand the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our website. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the website, or information about your browser type, authentication identifiers, and other software and hardware information. If you access the website through a mobile or other device we may collect your mobile device identifier, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected to make our website and our communications to you more targeted to your interests.
- Web beacons and other tracking technologies. This website may use other tracking tools, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,”etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect user activity information about your activities on Nabataea.net. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like Cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to you, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web Beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
- Third Party Tracking. Third parties that support Nabataea.net by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information when you use Nabataea.net. These third parties may also use these technologies, along with activity information they collect, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. Nabataea.net does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
Information Contained in User Content
- Some parts of Nabataea.net may allow users to post or transmit messages, comments, screen names, computer files and other materials. You should be careful about what personal information you choose to make public through Nabataea.net.
Information from Other Sources
- To the extent permitted by law, Nabataea.net and our service providers may supplement the information we collect from and about you with information from other sources, such as publicly available information about your online and offline activity from social media services, commercially available sources.
3. Use and Disclosure
Nabataea.net and our service providers may use information that we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including:
- to maintain and manage your account, deliver content and services that you request, improve our website and enhance your experience on Nabataea.net;
- to process and track your product or service orders and provide Nabataea.net the content you request;
- to communicate with you about Nabataea.net other products, content or services in which you may be interested, or to respond to your inquiries or comments;
- to contact you. Nabataea.net may periodically send out notifications related to the website such as notifications of changes or policies;
- to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Nabataea.net website, and the products and services we offer;
- to complete a merger or sale of assets. If Nabataea.net sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), Nabataea.net may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction; or
- in accordance with your consent.
In order to make our content, website and advertising more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information we collect from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- with entities that help us to manage and provide Nabataea.net, including development of our websites and applications, maintenance and support, personalization, payment processing, email distribution, measurement and improvement, , and promotion of other businesses, only to the extent that these entities need the information to perform their services or as required by law;
- with identified entities whose products or services you specifically use or request to receive while you use Nabataea.net;
- with third parties in the ordinary course of business in order to process your requests and fulfill your orders for products or video content offered through Nabataea.net;
- in accordance with your consent.
Nabataea.net service providers, business partners and other individuals described above, may be located outside of your country of residence, including, among others, in the United States (Canada and EEA). These countries may have different data protection regimes than is found in the country where you are based.
When information we collect is aggregated, anonymized or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
4. Information Security
We take a number of commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures designed to safeguard information in our possession from loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
5. User Access and Control
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us, you may contact us using the mechanisms provided below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- If you are under 18 and a registered user Nabataea.net, you may request removal of content or information that you have publicly posted to Nabataea.net. To make such a request, please contact us, identify yourself, and request User Content Removal. Please also provide your name, email address, and a detailed description of your content removal. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user. There may also be circumstances where the law does not allow removal of your content even if requested.
6. Other Important Information
Remember that even after you cancel your account, or if you ask us to delete your personal information, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation or your request for deletion, for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security or recordkeeping policies. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints or, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
7. The GDPR and Additional Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Nabataea.net is targeted to you, please note:
- We may need to collect and process the types of Personal Information listed above in order to provide Nabataea.net to you or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the Services. We may use the Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including those listed above.
- Regarding the section entitled “Data Retention” in Section 6, above: We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g. by remembering your user preferences, or allowing you to make comments).
2. What cookies do we use?
Below we list the different types of cookies we may use on the Site.
Performance cookies, which are sometimes called analytics cookies, collect information about your use of Nabataea.net and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, performance cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on Nabataea.net, help us record any difficulties you have with Nabataea.net and show us whether our advertising is effective or not.
Performance cookies on this Site are:
Functionality Cookies. .
In some circumstances, we may use functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make on our Site and to provide enhanced and more personalized features, such as customizing a certain webpage, remembering if we have asked you to participate in a promotion and for other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog. All of these features help us to improve your visit to the Site.
Functional cookies on this Site are:
Targeting or Advertising Cookies.
Nabataea.net and our service providers may use targeting or advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are more relevant to you and your interests. For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our Site and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. These cookies remember what you have looked at on Nabataea.net and we may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers.
Opting out of third party targeting or advertising cookies does not necessarily mean that you will not see our advertising on third party websites, only that this advertising will not be targeted to you through the use of third party cookies.
Targeting and advertising cookies on this Site are:
In some circumstances, we may work with third parties to provide services on Nabataea.net. Third-party advertisers and other organizations may use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on Nabataea.net and/or the advertisements you have clicked on. This information may be used by them to serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you based on content you have viewed. Third-party advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements. We do not control these cookies and to disable or reject third-party cookies, please refer to the relevant third party’s website.
Third-party cookies on this Site are:
Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features on Nabataea.net may operate as intended, especially the ability to make comments, or interact with other users.